Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Brain Thinks It's Chinese

seriously. kind of a funny story that happened the other day.

k just for those who don't know, most of my friends that i hang around with are mostly chinese, ever since secondary school. i dunno why. it's just like that. i prob fit in better with them. and most of them are those who speak english mostly. i suspect that's why i can fit in with them cuz i only speak english and not tamil. so naturally, i have a tendency to stick to ppl who can speak english. and now i realise that it's not just chinese ppl, but anyone who can speak english i can fit in. just so happen there are more chinese ppl who speak english more. k that's the background

ANYWAY! so here's what happened. some minister came to Chch la. so i got invited to go for this sorta big dinner that he wanted to have to meet the Canterbury students. so when we reach there, it ended up that ppl mostly ended up sitting with their own race a.k.a the Chinese sat with themselves and the Malays also sorta sat with themselves. you can guess where i initially sat la.

then i'm there like crap, i don't like this, we should mix around and not just sit among ourselves. so i was telling YL that we should change where were sitting cuz it's so weird that all the Chinese were sitting together. then he turned and was like, why u so worried for? u can sit anywhere and u'd be mixing la (cuz i'm like the only Indian there). lol.

and that's when i realised my brain actually thinks it's Chinese due to the constant hanging out with my Chinese friends. see! told u my brain is going crazy. Brain! ure Indian okay! get that right! sheesh. cacat thing. haha.

and thinkin about this made me think abt smth else i was thinking about last time. u know how i tend to be the only Indian guy among friends, i wonder if it's really obvious. i mean like, most of the time from my view everyone around me is like almost the same. like nobody stands out that obviously. so it's like what if it's from someone elses view? or at least when i'm around my Chinese friends. do i stand out. cuz clearly there's no denying that i was born with skin darker than my friends. so i wonder if like real obvious.

like if you see it from their eyes, is the dark skinned friend standing out among the fair skinned friends? i mean i really dunno, cuz for me, it's just all fair skinned friends, so noone is standing out. so i wonder if i stand out that way. hmmmm.

ok crap. i dunno if i made sense again. so yeah. just some thoughts. :) byes! i shud study now.

Currently Listening To: Over My Head (Better Off Dead) - Sum 41

10 comments:

weiwen said...

You're indian? I didn't know that!

Ben J said...

wait are u being sarcastic or for real?

weiwen said...

What do you think?

yumey said...

At first when you told me you were from my school, i thought you knew how to speak mandarin. D:
cinapek.

rchlchng said...

Hahaha! I get what you mean about the last part! Heehee as in the standing out part ahhaaha and that got me thinking too! Cos I never really thought about it therefore never really noticed it whenever you or my Indian friends are with Chinese, all the same to me. So I guess, that sorta answers yr question eh? :)) Hehe!

Ben J said...

WW: lol i dunno man. cuz a lot of ppl dunno my race.

Yumey: heh. but i can speak mandarin what. wo bu ming pai ni chiang se mo. LOL! i dunno if i got that right. haha.

Rchl: yeap u answered my question. :) cool. but right, i somehow think ppl will be noticing from now on if they didn't after reading this. haha.

yumey said...

try reading this (:

牛吃草,羊吃草; 你吃大便.

Try copying and paste it to ju-hann. hahahhaah.

Ben J said...

lol k i can't read. dang. hahahah. and why juhann la?

weiwen said...

So, the many times I asked you if you speak Tamil was because you were chinese?? Righttt

Zhen Lim said...

I think it's more obvious when nons mix with Ms?
I don't know, just came back from BTN. Not very pleasant, the segregation there.