Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Guy In New Zealand

Finally I haf internet! sry for being gone for so long, but u know la. Had to settle in and all that. haha.

anyway, I’m doing fine here so far. at least on the day I’m typing this. it’s a Sunday I’m typing this btw. been here since friday.

so far its been ok. Friday was a crazy day tho. cuz that was the day I was flying. and the day b4 I left Malaysia. man honestly when leaving, there was one thing I regret. n that’s not being able to say bye properly to everyone who came. yea n u know why? cuz I had to rush cuz JPA wanted us to go down so fast. I mean there was like no time at all. all I cud do was push my bags all to the place to go in and give a quick hug to ppl who were there and jus go down. heck I cudnt even say bye to my mom cuz we she was still walking there from McD (we were having dinner there b4 I had to rush away). so I only cud give a small hug to the ppl there. it was so horrible not bein to say a proper goodbye. haih. and I wont see u all for soooo long. this totally sux. =( i’m so sry ppl. I wish I had more time with u all. to say a proper goodbye at least. but thx Benji,Dana,Lauren,Su Teng,Isaak,Jo,Dheepan so much coming all the way for that small bit of time. haih.

n can u imagine I had so much time b4 tht? Jo, Dheepan and I were jus stoning near the arrival area also. sheesh la. I so shud haf had my dinner then so I had more time later. HAIHHHHHH. plus i was flying at 160 to reach the airport on time cuz we only left at 4 from my house and we're supposed to b there at 4.30. i reached in 15 min man. even more wasted time. ish.

stoning.....

anyway, we went n so early and the gate wasn’t even open yet. sheesh la. but thankfully I managed to kill time. thx Wei Zhen for the call. it really did help. cuz I was feeling so horrible abt the shitty goodbye. plus it also helped kill time.

so anyway after waiting a bit more after getting in the gate, we finally boarded the plane. and that’s when it felt better too. cuz the plane was like so cool! well at least to me la. guess cuz the other planes I’ve been on are not as canggih. haha. whats so gr8 abt the plane? first of all it had a display panel just for you. like ur own personal one.

I found that sooooo cool. and that panel can do loads of stuff. like ur own choice of movies,tv shows,music,games and other stuff. there was like so many things under those categories to choose from. and tht display panel also comes with a cool control/joystick thing to control. and when u turn it sideways its like a controller for PS.


cool right? haha. ok maybe I’m jus being jakun la. haha. andd also when ure not doing anything with the panel it displays all sorts of info abt the plane. like the temp outside (the coldest I saw it was -41ºC K), the speed of the plane, the altitude, the map of where the plane is and is flying to and the distance away and all that stuff. really cool. and if u guys think I speed think again! haha! the pilot was goin at 1000km/h k at one point. he was like flying at that speed. literally. =P haha!

and another thing which I found interesting was they served beer and wine too. and anyone can ask for it cept small kids of course. I only got the beer cuz Calvin took one for me. pretty interesting. haha. and the food was ok la I gave. the beef was pretty tough. but ok. watched Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium. ok la the show. its some kids show la. not that gr8. for me at least. after the movie tried sleeping. din work out too well as I cant sleep sitting up. leaned over the table thing and tried. not sure if I really slept, but I doubt I did la.

anyway, we landed at Sydney at abt 9.30 smth like that we had to sorta rush cuz our plane was at 11.30 and we only finally managed to get out of our plane from KL abt almost 10. plus we had to get our tickets and what not, so yea we were kinda rushin. and the airport security there is really fussy. they even made us take out our laptops to go through the scanner. sheesh. so we sorta rushed through everything and went to our gate only to find out our plane still had a long way more b4 leaving. haha.

so we got onto the plane at Sydney and left for Auckland. the plane ride was ok. was trying to sleep the whole journey cuz I sorta din sleep the night b4 and all that. but yea it din work again la. haih. so yea. stayed up a tiny bit and ate and listened to my music. thank goodness I brought my discman. could listen to my new FOB From Under The Cork Tree CD courtesy of Miriam,Wei Zhen and Peter. thx again ppl. =)

then finally reached Auckland and went to get our baggage. the worst part is Siew Ping and Li Ying’s baggage hadn’t arrived yet after we all got ours. we only found out later that it didn’t come altogther. so we kinda waited and accompanied her for a bit while she went to make a report. but the line was kinda long and our next flight was like less than an hour away. so Mat (the group leader) told us to go ahead first. and then our rush began. like seriously. cuz now we had to go on domestic flight to Christchurch. and that was bad. cuz the Domestic terminal is like a 15 min walk away. so with our bags and the cold wind blowing in our faces, we sorta ran if we cud with our trolleys in the cold air of Auckland to the Domestic terminal. then we reached there Calvin realized he had lost his ticket to Christchurch given to him at the Sydney airport. so we kinda looked around and tried finding it of course. but no luck it cudn b found.

but thankfully he had a paper thingy which said he already got the ticket so he managed to claim another ticket. so then while Calvin went to check in, the rest of us (11 at that time cuz Mat was accompanying Li Ying and Siew Ping to make a report for their bags) went to check in. I was kinda the first so when I was done with checking in I met one of the Auckland Uni seniors who was nearby and she told me to rush to the gate and tell them to hold on for a while cuz the others were late cuz we were waiting for the lost bags.

so then another rush came…. HAIH.. giler rush la with all the flights. so anyway, RUSHED there jus to find out there’s another 5 minute wait b4 we get in. so finally when they opened to board the plane everyone in my group had arrived already. so we boarded and cuz we were so tired we basically jus din do much and jus sat in our chair. and finally after an hour plus on the last flight we reached Christchurch. we met up with the ppl we were supposed to follow to the Accomodation Halls. taxi drivers actually. they sent us to the places. they came in 3 diff cabs at diff times to pick us up. I was in the last one. so I was basically standing out in the cold with Fazley and Afifi waiting for a cab.

then we realized that it was only 9pm and it only looked like 7pm. seriously. it was sooo bright. plus! it jus finished raining so it was damn cold ok. got wind blowing all somemore. we cud also see our own breath! that’s how cold it was. but since we were wearing suits and all we were kinda ok la. but still freaking cold! haha.

anyway, taxi came n took us to our respective halls and got us settled in and all. my room is ok. big enough and I’m not complaining. the only prob is that there is no mirror at all. like really. and the heater isn’t working currently. but otherwise all ok. unpacked everything and then watched my One Tree Hill ep 6 while eating dinner. and finally slept at abt 12am local time. which is abt 7pm Malaysian time.

so that’s abt it for my first day. yes. first day. I know its a lot. haha. but more to come! now I’m gonna sleep. its almost 11pm now. and I have to wake up early tmrw (Monday 18/02/2008).

ok then. gnite!

p.s.: the are a lack of pics when I was on the flight and all that cuz batt was low from all the calling and msging to ppls. plus I din bring an adapter. so I cudn’t charge my phone til the 2nd night. so yes no pics from the 2nd day. nth much anyway.

p.s.2:thx so much Su Teng for the mail. =) and yes there a lot of ur hawtt guys here. there's one emo looking dude from church whom i'm sure u'll love too. got a pic but not so clear. and yea. almost everyone here has like green or blue eyes. mostly blue tho. haha! =P

p.s.3:i'm so sry again for the shitty goodbye. its damn *tooot* up like how lauren put it. so sry. =(

p.s.4:i'm missing my sms buddy too!thats you Dana!it feels so weird that my phone doesn't play my msg tone in like sooo long.not used to it la.haih.

Currently Listening To: None But Jesus – Hillsong United

No comments: