Monday, September 01, 2008

I Love Constantly Amazing Myself

i think thats the good thing about setting low standards. when u overcome ur standards u feel really good about urself. i mean i've seriously been doing this a lot to myself. esp in my guitaring.

there was once i could play Minority by Green Day by plucking it with my fingers and i could do it really fast and i was amazed at myself. then i saw Billie Joe Amstrong play it live by just plucking with a pick and hitting every note accurately, i was like too much! thats hard! but then in the end i pushed myself and managed to get it with plucking with a pick as well. i was pretty happy with myself esp when i managed to amaze some ppl by plucking it with a pick. haha. so yea i was happy then. BUT then i saw the fella in another live video JUMPING and playing with a pick. thats even more too much! but yet again after, actually not much practice i could do it also. so once again i amazed myself.

then there was like Hillsong's All Day. to me i thought it was pretty impossible to play the bass line and sing. but then after MUCH OH SO MUCH trying to multi task and concentrate, managed to do it also. and amazed myself once again. did the same for Green Day's Warning bass.

then came Taking Back Sunday's song Cute Without The 'E' (Cut From The Team). once again i said the lead guitarist is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. and he mmg still is way too much la. i mean seriously. palm muting? and plucking soloish bits? and singing?? AWWWW TOO MUCH MAN. seriously. so had to practice la. first of all playing that part i found it really hard for some reason. my fingers i guess are not that fast enough la.dah la palm mute means cannot really move so much. so fine la. practiced til i got that part right. then after a lot of practice again, managed to get the singing and playing also. MAN i was sooooooooooo impressed with myself. i watched like ALL the YouTube vids of ppl who covered that song, and NONE of the guitarist who played that part cud sing the parts the TBS guitarist sang and played. they always got someone else to sing. so lagi lah bangga. haha. man this was like the peak of feeling awesome about myself. haha!

then so ya la. managed to learn the singing and playing part. but then, there was like still one part of guitaring which i always avoid. and that's soloing. cuz i honestly feel like i can't do it. some of them are just way too fast la. so i don't bother trying. but then came Good Charlotte with the song The River. and the solo is played by Avenged Sevenfold guitarist Synyster Gates. so yea. it's a bit hard. but somehow la, i wanted to play this song fully. so practiced again and finally got the solo bit. once again i amazed myself. my first solo! and it was pretty not bad solo also. bot like crazy fast but not like super easy also. so yea was quite proud of my awesomeness.

then there was Hysteria by Muse. pffffffftttt. listen also i will say rubbish. watching Josiah play also i can see it's fast and i can't do it. but practice practice, in the end dapat! HAPPY LAGI! :D hahahaha.

and finally my most recent one is Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers. that song is HARAM FAST. like seriously! i say the guy play and tried to play a bit, and i told myself no way. dah la my fingers are huge. how to move so fast?? and then the finger positions also damn weird. pffftt dunno la how. but then, after much practice again, dapat! wah damn happy la now and amazed at myself. haha.

SO ANYWAY, the moral of the story is, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. and NEVER GIVE UP EVEN IF THINGS LOOK TOUGH. and DON'T BE AFRAID TO TRY THINGS THAT LOOK HARD AND DIFFERENT.

oh and i think i'm pretty amazing too. :D

Currently Listening To: Friends And Alibis - Escape The Fate

No comments: